Tax Credits Financing
Project Planning and Design
Providing for Tax Credit Financing ideally commences at project inception. There is much information to collect and analyze, and activities to complete.
Some of these are listed below:
- Evaluate Clients in house capabilities and what additional support is required
- Determine if the project qualifies for HTC and/or NMTC programs
- Assess the Projects financial viability
- Review Project cost estimates, timelines and construction approach
- Estimate the amount of qualifying project cost and the amount of possible funding
- Oversee the required filings with the National Park Service
- Collect and evaluate Clients financial information
- Assist Client in preparing their business plan and the required operating forecasts
- Assemble team of required tax credit process professionals
- Evaluate with Client additional funding sources including, Grants, State and Local Tax Credit programs, etc.
…a critical team member that has a consistent focus on the detail but doesn’t lose site of the big picture. …People often underestimate the complexity of their financings, and after the closing they recognize the key contributions by Dee (Darlene Smolik).
They also recognize, in hindsight, that they couldn’t have done it alone relying on their existing staff – the role she plays supplements her client’s team in a very important way.
Contact me to discuss your Project.