About Plymouth Soundings
Plymouth Soundings provides consulting services to Clients seeking to obtain additional funding via the Historic and/or New Markets Tax Credit programs. We act as your representative and advocate from project inception through to the end of the compliance period providing services and expertise that you require in order to complete your project, the financing process, and comply with relevant regulations.
Plymouth Soundings, LLC was formed in 2002 when Darlene Smolik was contracted to be the Project Coordinator for the $31.5 MM restoration and rehabilitation of the Tennessee Theatre in Knoxville, TN. One of her contributions was to obtain additional equity funding by combining Historic with New Markets tax credits. The Tax credits provided $7.2 MM in additional funding and made the difference between success and failure. This project was one of the first to combine these two types of credits.
The TN Theatre project provided valuable experience in planning, design and construction challenges typical with historic rehabilitations. This project together with extensive experience in Project and financial management, Finance and Accounting, Public Sector construction and operations, Public Accounting and bond financing vehicles has formed the basis for the Plymouth Soundings of today.
About Darlene Smolik
Since the completion of the Tennessee Theater project Plymouth Soundings LLC has provided a broad range of Tax Credit services to ______ Historic Rehabilitation and commercial project Clients (link to Client Projects) representing ____________ MM of Project Capital cost. As result the Company has developed an extensive network of Investors and CDE’s.
During the last 17 years Plymouth Soundings has provided services to Historic Rehab, reuse, and repurposing projects throughout the country. Our Clients are both for profit, non-profit and quasi Governmental Clients.
Darlene Smolik, President of Plymouth Soundings LLC becomes the personal advocate for the client throughout the project from Inception through Operations Compliance Period and investor Exit. Personalized services are customized to individual tax credit, accounting, and other financing needs. In addition, we assist our Clients with compliance reporting, audit, tax oversight, Operations and project accounting protocols, account set up, and cash management as needed by your team
- Brings its extensive experience in:
- Tax Credit Financings
- Project and Financial Management
- Finance and Accounting
- Public Sector Construction and Operations, Public Accounting and Bond Financing vehi• Brings a network of Investors, CDE’s and Bankers
- Brings a network of Investors, CDE’s and Bankers
- Brings Leading Tax, Legal and Accounting Professionals required for your project
Services are not limited to just Tax Credits but are available for all phases of your project from Feasibility Assessment to overseeing the activities at the end of the Compliance Period.
Plymouth Soundings provides services to variety of Clients that may benefit from the Tax Credit programs, such as:
- Historic Theatres using HTC’s, NMTC’s or a combination
- Brownfield Development: Public Broadcasting, Events Center
- Town Center Development: Plaza complex
- Historic Hotels: Rehabilitation and Repurposing
- Education Centers: Arts Education, STEM Technology
- Elder care centers, health centers
The Bottom Line is: We know what were doing. Let us help you. Give us a call, it’s complimentary, there’s no obligation.
About Darlene (Dee) Smolik
“Plymouth Soundings is an instrumental part of our project.
Dee is always a pleasure to work with!”
With a background that includes:
- Controller of a Manufacturing/Engineering Division of a Fortune 500 Company with a $100MM annual capital outlay;
- COO of a quasi-governmental agency centralizing property development and property management functions for local governments;
- Partner and Managing Director of a Public Accounting Firm,
- Over 17 years of providing services to both Historic and New Markets Projects,
Darlene (Dee) Smolik, President of Plymouth Soundings, LLC, brings a unique blend of expertise to Projects ranging from historic theatres to hotels and brownfields.
Review her Qualifications by clicking “Expertise” button below.
Contact Us directly or complete the Form to discuss your Project.